Androderm is a transdermal testosterone medication that is similar in action to testosterone gels like AndroGel. This is a very common testosterone product used in the treatment of low testosterone, and compared to gels it is much stronger. In fact, Androderm’s bioavailability is double that of AndroGel. Further, unlike AndroGel Androderm, while also transdermal, is a patch that is placed directly on the skin. Androderm was first developed by TheraTech in the early 1990’s and gained FDA approval and hit the prescription market in 1995. Watson now owns the Androderm brand name, but other brands of transdermal testosterone patches now exist. Beyond Androderm, the most well known transdermal patch is ATMOS manufactured by Astra primarily found in Europe. Androderm is one of the more effective tools in the fight against low testosterone outside injectable testosterone. This transdermal patch has enjoyed a lot of success; however, while fairly common it’s still not quite as common as injectable and gel forms of the hormone. Androderm is also rarely found in performance enhancing circles. It can work for this purpose, but it would take several patches for a true performance boost making it generally inefficient for this purpose.
Androderm Functions & Traits:
Androderm is an alcoholic testosterone gel that is delivered transdermally. The testosterone hormone exists in a gel like state enclosed in an adhesive patch that is protected by a drug reservoir. By design, Androderm is intended to produce a steady release of the testosterone hormone once attached to the skin that closely mimics the body’s own natural testosterone release. This means larger amounts of testosterone will be released early on in the day with lower amounts later on within the total 24 hour period. Once the patch is placed on the skin the individual should reach a peak testosterone level approximately 12 hours post administration with a steady decline the following 12 hours. Like many testosterone gels, Androderm is found in two specific dosing strengths, 2.5mg and 5mg patches. The 2.5mg patch will provide 12.2mg of active testosterone, while the 5mg Androderm patch will provide 24.3mg of active free testosterone. Through this strength, and the number of needed patches can vary from one man to the next, by its actual function this makes it a perfect tool for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Hypogonadism (low testosterone) can be caused by many factors, age being the most common factor. Regardless of the cause, there are two general low testosterone conditions, primary hypogonadism referring to low testosterone and high gonadotropin production and hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, which refers to low testosterone and a normal level of gonadotropin production. Regardless of the cause of your low testosterone condition or its official label, a low level condition can create numerous symptoms and Androderm can remedy each and every one. The testosterone hormone plays an integral role through numerous areas of the human body affecting our physical and sexual wellbeing, and to a degree our mental wellbeing. In fact, prolonged low testosterone levels have been linked to Alzheimer’s disease. While severe complications and conditions can occur due to a low testosterone condition, there are several symptoms that are indicators that such a condition exists. Such symptoms are not life threatening, but they can severely diminish the individual’s quality of life, and in time, be a contributor in a gateway sense to many far more serious conditions. If you suffer from low testosterone you are encouraged to consider Androderm for your therapeutic needs. You will need a physical and blood work to officially determine your condition but the following symptoms are an excellent indicator:
- Loss of Libido (partial to total loss)
- Erectile Dysfunction (inability to maintain or obtain
- Increased Body Fat (despite diet & exercise)
- Decreased Muscle Mass (despite diet & exercise)
- Decreased Strength (despite diet & exercise)
- Loss of energy
- Decreased Mental Clarity & Focus
- Weakened Immune System
If you suffer from any of the above symptoms you are encouraged to seek out Androderm or some related treatment plan. If the condition is ignored, keep in mind low testosterone has been linked to contributing to all of the far more serious conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
As an interesting note, for years many physicians due to the testosterone hormone’s affect on the prostate feared TRT. However, new data has shown that men with low testosterone are more prone and at a greater risk of prostate cancer than men with healthy testosterone levels. Beyond its basic therapeutic use, Androderm like all testosterone compounds can affect certain aspects that are typically deemed important in a performance capacity. Androderm has the ability to promote the following:
- Enhanced Protein Synthesis
- Enhanced Nitrogen Retention
- Increased Red Blood Cell Count
- Increased IGF-1 Output
- Decreased Glucocorticoid Production
These are all important factors when looking at performance enhancement and Androderm can provide the related boost. However, because it is a relatively weak testosterone compound compared to injectable forms, in relation to its total concentration, it would take numerous patches to see such traits truly enhanced. Androderm is not well suited for performance enhancement. If you are interested in learning more about these traits, such as protein synthesis and glucocorticoid inhibition and the relationship they share with high testosterone levels please see any of the primary testosterone profiles – Testosterone Cypionate, Testosterone Enanthate, Testosterone Propionate, Testosterone Suspension, Sustanon 250 or Omnadren.
Effects of Androderm:
The effects of Androderm are very simple and perhaps simpler than most anabolic steroidal compounds. The individual suffers from low testosterone; for whatever reason and there can be many he no longer produces enough of this primary androgen. By implementing a TRT program the effects of Androderm remedy the condition. In most cases, low testosterone cannot be cured; most men who suffer will always require treatment and the effects of Androderm provide a perfect treatment plan. While continuous, indefinite treatment may sound annoying it should not affect your life in any negative way. You will simply place a patch on your body when you wake and go on about your day. You must also consider this important question if the idea of continuous treatment annoys you; would you rather treat your low level condition or would you rather suffer from low testosterone? Due to the effects of Androderm, many men see their lives dramatically improved. Many men who are in their 40’s and 50’s and even beyond often report a higher quality of life than in their 30’s. Many men state they feel physically better than they did in their 20’s. Men who undergo TRT typically get sick less often, they have more energy and zest for life. They look better, they feel better and are generally happier than men with low levels and noticeably so. Again, this is all thanks to the effects of Androderm, and if you suffer from low testosterone there is no logical reason for forgoing treatment.
Side Effects of Androderm:
Exogenous testosterone is generally well-tolerated by most adult men. Very few men have issues with TRT plans. In fact, most men can tolerate high levels of testosterone fairly well; however, possible side effects of Androderm do exist. There is a cutoff point; there is a point in dosing where the risks outweigh the benefits, but this line can vary greatly from one man to the next. However, when looking at the side effects of Androderm there is an important factor to remember. With a TRT plan we are merely replacing what the body is lacking. While we are replacing our lacking testosterone with a synthetic version, once in the body the body will make no distinguishing difference; it is the same, identical hormone. When we begin administering supraphysiological doses of testosterone, this will increase the risk of adverse effects, but even then such doses are generally well-tolerated if kept within reason. In order to help you understand the possible side effects of Androderm we have broken them down into their separate categories along with all the information you’ll need.
- Estrogenic: The side effects of Androderm can include those of an estrogenic nature; primarily gynecomastia and excess water retention. Excess water retention, if severe, can also promote high blood pressure. These effects are due to the testosterone hormone’s interaction with the aromatase enzyme, which causes a conversion of testosterone to estrogen. As estrogen levels rise, such related conditions can occur. In order to combat the possible estrogenic side effects of Androderm some men will need an anti-estrogen medication. There are two categories of anti-estrogens that can be useful, Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM’s) and Aromatase Inhibitors (AI’s). SERM’s like Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolvadex) function by binding to the estrogen receptor thereby preventing the estrogen hormone from binding. AI’s like Anastrozole (Arimidex) function by inhibiting the aromatase process thereby reducing serum estrogen levels. AI’s are by far the most effective, but they are not always necessary. Many men who are on TRT plans will not need any type of anti-estrogen, but these are your options if you do.
- Androgenic: The side effects of Androderm can include those of an androgenic nature. Such effects can include acne, accelerated hair loss in those predisposed to male pattern baldness and body hair growth. Such side effects of Androderm are, however, highly dependent on genetic predispositions. If you are not predisposed to male pattern baldness no amount of Androderm will cause you to lose any hair. If you are predisposed, you will lose your hair with or without Androderm, but the use of Androderm may speed it up. The possible androgenic side effects of Androderm are due to the testosterone hormone being metabolized by the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which will reduce testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Some men may find the use of a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor like Finasteride to be useful as it will reduce the androgenicity of the testosterone hormone. However, the need for Finasteride or any related inhibitor during a TRT plan is highly unlikely. Remember, you are merely replacing the testosterone you are lacking and nothing more.
- Cardiovascular: The side effects of Androderm can include high blood pressure due to high levels of water retention. However, water retention is highly unlikely due to the low level dosing plans that will be prescribed and easily combatable with anti-estrogen medications if needed. The use of exogenous testosterone can also have a negative impact on cholesterol, particularly in the suppression or reduction of HDL cholesterol. However, therapeutic doses of testosterone to even moderate performance doses do not appear to have a strong, negative statistical impact on cholesterol when testosterone is used alone. When the use of an AI is conjoined with testosterone, this does appear to create a notable impact on HDL reductions. A negative impact cannot occur with the use of a SERM; in fact, SERM’s will actually improve cholesterol levels due to their estrogenic activity in the liver. While cholesterol issues are possible, they are also easy to avoid. AI’s should not be used unless necessary, but even if necessary healthy cholesterol levels can be maintained with a healthy lifestyle. Limiting saturated fats and simple sugars is a good place to start along with plenty of omega fatty acids. Daily fish oil supplementation is recommended as is daily cardiovascular activity.
- Testosterone: The use of Androderm will suppress natural testosterone production. However, this is meaningless and inconsequential during TRT therapy as such an individual is not producing enough testosterone to begin with.
- Hepatotoxicity: Androderm is not a hepatotoxic anabolic steroid and will cause no stress or damage to the liver.
- Skin Irritation: The side effects of Androderm can include skin irritation at the applied site in approximately one in twenty men who use the transdermal testosterone patch. If this occurs, you will more than likely need to find an alternative form of testosterone treatment such as injectable testosterone or testosterone implant pellets. If irritation occurs, hydrocortisone cream should relieve the affected area.
Androderm patches are applied directly to the skin first thing in the morning on the upper arms, back, shoulders, thighs or abdomen. The skin should be clean and dry; taking a shower before application is recommended. Application sites should also be rotated so that the same spot does not receive a patch for at least seven days after a previous application to that area. Androderm should not be applied to the rear end or any area on the back that will receive a lot of constant pressure as this can enhance skin irritation. Other areas of the body not mentioned above should also be avoided as this will dramatically reduce the bioavailability of the testosterone. Over the counter ointments and creams should also typically be avoided as they will reduce the potency of your Androderm product. Most Androderm plans will call for two 2.5mg or one 5mg patch per day. This will normally be the plan for several weeks at which time testosterone levels will be rechecked and a maintenance plan prescribed.
Availability of Androderm:
Androderm is widely available on the U.S. pharmaceutical market as it ATMOS on the European pharmaceutical market. It is, however, extremely rare to find either transdermal testosterone patch on the black market and counterfeits are virtually unheard of. You will also find while it is readily available it is also one of the more expensive testosterone medications available.
Buy Androderm Online – Warning:
You may be able to buy Androderm online if you find the right supplier, but it is unlikely. If you do buy Androderm online, in the U.S. you will be breaking the law. In the U.S. anabolic steroids are classified as Schedule III controlled substances by way of the Steroid Control Acts of 1990 and 2004. In order to legally purchase and possess an anabolic steroid the following must be met:
- You must possess a medical need
- This need must be determined by your doctor
- The need must be deemed a justified need by the U.S. government
- You must purchase your product with your prescription from the pharmacy
Outside the U.S. the laws surrounding anabolic steroids are often very lenient. Some places are similarly strict but many do not require prescriptions, only that the purchase is made from the pharmacy. Most countries will, however, frown heavily on online purchasing. It is important that you thoroughly understand the law as it pertains to where you live before you make a purchase. Failure to do so could lead to heavy fines and prison time and most certainly will in the U.S. if you are caught. Due to the steroid laws of the U.S. being strict and often confusing in many places around the world, in order to ensure your safety and aid you in your low testosterone treatment you are strongly encouraged to visit lowtestosterone.com. At lowtestosterone.com you will be able to find the treatment you need. You will finally be able to completely remedy your low level condition with 100% assurance in your legal safety.
Androderm is an excellent TRT medication and far more effective than it often gets credit for. However, its price is much higher than most testosterone compounds and unjustifiably so based on what you’re getting. Injectable testosterone will be far cheaper and far more efficient in totality. However, Androderm is enough for a lot of men, it is an effective testosterone medication and without question one that is very convenient.