Trenbolone, commonly referred to as ‘Tren’ is one of the most powerful and effective anabolic steroids to ever exist. Tren is without question one of the most versatile anabolic steroids as it can be used for almost any purpose of performance enhancement. It’s commonly said that Testosterone is the most versatile anabolic steroid and that’s a hard point to argue against, but when it comes to the numerous performance based benefits Tren is undoubtedly king.
Since its creation the in the 1960’s Tren has been found in three distinct forms and has been found in all three categories of anabolic steroid, Human Grade, Underground and Veterinarian grade. The three forms of Tren that have existed include:
Trenbolone Acetate is the original form of Tren and to this day remains the most popular and abundantly available. The original “Tren-a” as it’s referred to was sold under the names Finaject and Finajet. Tren-a was and remains today a veterinarian grade steroid, and soon after its creation would lead way to the first and only human grade form of Tren Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzylcarbonate better known as Parabolan. Manufactured by Negma Laboratories in France Parabolan was found to be highly effective in the treatment of numerous medical conditions and remained effectively used in medicine until 1997 when Negma discontinued production.
While Parabolan is the only form of human grade Tren ever made it along with Tren-a became enormously popular among competitive bodybuilders in the 70’s and 80’s but hit a slight bump in the road in the late 1980’s. In the late 1980’s Hoechst-Roussel discontinued its Trenbolone Acetate line making Parabolan the only form available for a short period and one that was very expensive and a little harder for the athlete to get his hands on. During this phase Hoechst-Roussel would introduce Finaplix pellets. These were small implant pellets (subcutaneous implants) that contained pure Tren-a. The pellets were developed for cattle in order to increase weight shortly before slaughter.
When the pellets hit the market it wasn’t long before many athletes learned how to convert the pellets (very large pellets) into an injectable Tren form. As most steroid users do not have the ability to make their own Tren soon after most underground labs begin the process of carrying their own already converted product and once again Tren-a was heavy on the market and has been ever since. Tren-hex (Parabolan) has also remained available in underground form but never at the rate of its older cousin Tren-a. Then in the early 2000’s former underground giant British Dragon would introduce Trenbolone Enanthate, a form of Tren that only had to be injected twice a week compared to Tren-a’s necessary every other day administration. Most labs also now carry ‘Tren-e’ but Tren-a still remains the dominant form as it’s the easiest to control.
Tren Functions & Traits
Tren (all forms) is a 19-nortestosterone (19-nor) anabolic steroid. Tren belongs to the same class of steroids as Nandrolone, 19-nor, which refers to the testosterone hormone lacking the carbon atom at the 19th position. However, with Tren it’s a bit more complex as Tren is simply a modified form of the Nandrolone hormone. Tren is the Nandrolone hormone possessing a double bond at carbons 9 and 11. These double bonds slow the hormone’s metabolism, inhibit aromatization and tremendously enhance its binding affinity to the androgen receptor. These simple yet important changes make Tren one of the most powerful anabolic androgenic steroids of all time. For an appreciation of this steroid’s power we only need to look at its ratings; Tren carries an anabolic rating of 500 and androgenic rating of 500 compared to testosterone that’s 100 in both categories.
Regardless of the form of Tren used the hormone itself is the same. The only difference of true importance is how fast the hormone works, and this is determined by the ester. The ester doesn’t change the actual functions and traits of the Tren hormone. The ester also determines how much active Tren is available per milligram. The larger the ester the more space it takes up in the compound and the less active Tren there is available per milligram. However, with any form you can account for this by adjusting the dose.
The direct functions and traits of Tren are similar to many anabolic steroids. However, in the case of Tren they are simply enhanced and more effective. You can take the same function or trait in another steroid and while Tren may do the same thing it will simply do it better. The functions and traits of Tren include:
· Increased rate of protein synthesis: This refers to the rate in which cells build proteins, the building blocks of muscle tissue.
· Increased nitrogen retention: More retention increases anabolism and less leads to catabolism. This exists because all lean muscle tissue is comprised of nitrogen, approximately 16%.
· Increased levels of IGF-1: Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is a hormone naturally produced by that body that is extremely anabolic and affects nearly every area of the human body. It is essential to growth and recovery and not only for our muscles but for our tendons, ligaments, cartilage and even the central nervous and pulmonary systems. When it comes to IGF-1 promotion it’s not only important there are few steroids that can match what Tren can do for IGF-1.
· Increased red blood cell count: Red blood cells carry oxygen through the blood. Increased levels result in greater muscular endurance. This will also enhance recovery.
· Inhibition of glucocorticoids: Glucocorticoids or stress hormones are essential to our health and wellbeing, but they also destroy muscle tissue and promote fat gain. Tren can ensure these hormones do not become dominant, and that we stay in a muscle building and fat reduction state.
· Increased feed efficiency: This may be the single most important and valuable trait of the Tren hormone. Sometimes referred to as “Nutrient Efficiency” this is what makes the hormone so effective. Food is the most important factor of any plan; how we eat will determine the direction we go. However, the body can only utilize each nutrient to a certain degree. With the introduction of Tren into the body each nutrient is utilized to a higher degree, it becomes more efficient. Our set food intake may not have changed, but we get more in return. Every gram of protein, fat and carbohydrates becomes more valuable.
Effects of Tren
If we were to sum up the effects of Tren with one word, the positive effects it would be “incredible!” This steroid can be used in cutting and bulking cycles with great effectiveness, but it is the cutting phase that perhaps wins out in terms of total benefits.
When we diet the goal is to lose body fat. In order to lose body fat we must burn more calories than we consume. You cannot lose body fat if you consume more than you burn. Because of the necessary calorie restriction this puts lean tissue at risk, specifically muscle tissue. In fact, it’s impossible to diet without some muscle tissue loss. This makes the goal of dieting to maintain muscle tissue, minimizing the loss while losing fat. No one wants to lose fat and muscle. Tren is the single best protective agent for this purpose. We ensure muscle mass is protected and all that is lost is body fat. And it gets even better when we consider that the use of Tren will actually improve the individual’s metabolic rate thereby increasing the rate by which fat is burned. Some data has even suggested that because Tren has such a strong binding affinity to the androgen receptor that it may even promote direct lipolysis (fat loss) but how significant is inconclusive.
While protecting muscle tissue and promoting a better metabolism already makes Tren a great steroid for cutting, these are far from the only benefits. There is perhaps no anabolic steroid that possesses the conditioning effects of Tren. Hardness, muscular definition and vascularity, simply a tighter, harder and more pleasing physique can be produced with Tren. In fact, we’ll go as far as to say that you could combine any two steroids on earth and they still wouldn’t hold the conditioning power of Tren.
It’s easy to see how the effects of Tren can benefit the cutting phase and they can be almost if not just as beneficial to the off-season or bulking phase. This is one of the best mass promoting steroids on the market. There are steroids that produce more weight faster, but with Tren all weight gained will be muscle mass. There is no water retention. Every bit as important is bulking can be cleaner with Tren due to the hormone’s potent effect on the metabolism. In order to grow we must consume more calories than we burn, and this will lead to some body fat accumulation. A successful off-season or bulking phase not only produces enhanced muscle mass but does so with as little fat gain as possible.
Whether used for bulking or cutting all who use Tren will find their muscular endurance is enhanced. Simply put, you will not tire out as fast. The same will hold true for recovery, it is enhanced meaning you recover from your training faster. This is extremely important as progress is made outside of the gym, not in the gym. The gym is where we put in the work directly, but it is in our recovery time that our body does the work needed to progress. Without recovery there is no progression and when recovery is improved so is the progression.
The final positive effects of Tren surround strength. This is one of the best strength promoting steroids on the market. Strength gains should be very significant during a bulking phase and may even exist in some diets. However, if we’re talking about a strict, hard diet where we’re truly getting ripped you shouldn’t expect much in terms of strength increases. Hard dieting may still cause some strength to be lost, but the use of Tren should help you protect a good bit of it.
Important Note: Some Tren users report the hormone negatively affects their cardiovascular endurance. It does not appear to have this affect on everyone and in those that it does it appears to at varying levels.
Side Effects of Tren
There are many possible side effects of Tren use, and it is far from the most side effect friendly anabolic steroid. Many of the side effects of Tren are similar to other steroids, but Tren also carries some possible side effects that most steroids do not. This is not because Tren is a strange hormone or something special that should be feared; remember this is merely an altered form of Nandrolone and nothing more. However, genetics is the key factor here and genetics will play a huge role regarding this hormone. Some men will not be able to use this anabolic steroid even at a low dose as they are simply not good responders and suffer from too many side effects. It may be unfair and many things in life are, but this is simply the truth of the matter. Some of us are allergic to milk, others are allergic to peanuts and some of us aren’t. With Tren it’s the same way.
· Estrogenic: The Tren hormone does not aromatize, meaning water retention is impossible as is estrogenic based gynecomastia. However, gynecomastia can still occur due to Tren being a progestin in nature. Progesterone can stimulate the mammary tissue and this can promote gynecomastia in sensitive men. Most men should not have an issue with Tren based gynecomastia, but those who are extremely sensitive or who already have some form of existing gynecomastia may have an issue. Anti-estrogens, specifically Aromatase Inhibitors (AI’s) are the best line of defense.
Important Note: The Tren hormone has the ability to increase prolactin levels in the body. For many years it has been said that Tren based gynecomastia is due to elevated levels of prolactin, but this isn’t correct. It is the progestin nature of Tren that causes gynecomastia. However, prolactin can still be an issue of concern, it can cause your nipples to ache and completely shut down your erection function if too high. If this is an issue the individual may need a dopamine agonist like Cabergoline.
· Androgenic: Tren is an extremely androgenic hormone, and as a result well known for promoting androgenic side effects. Hair loss and acne in men who are predisposed are both possible. Body hair growth is also possible. If you are not genetically predisposed no amount of Tren on earth with cause these issues. The androgenic side effects of Tren are truly based on genetic response. When it comes to hair loss, if you are predisposed to male pattern baldness, meaning at some point you’re going to lose your hair regardless of steroid use, Tren is one of the fastest ways to ensure you lose your hair a little sooner.
Virilization is a serious androgenic side effect of Tren. It is very difficult for a woman to use Tren without some level of virilization and makes it a steroid that’s almost never recommended for female use.
Important Note: The 5-alpha reductase enzyme does not metabolize the Trenbolone hormone. This means 5-alpha reductase inhibitors like Finasteride will not affect the androgenicity of the hormone.
· Cardiovascular: The cardiovascular side effects of Tren surround both cholesterol and blood pressure. Tren can increase LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and decrease HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol). It can also increase blood pressure in some men. The issue of high blood pressure does not appear to affect most men who are otherwise healthy, but it does some. If you already have high blood pressure or cholesterol issues you should avoid this anabolic steroid.
· Testosterone: Tren is very suppressive to natural testosterone production and will render any man into a low testosterone condition if he does not supplement with exogenous testosterone. The form of testosterone chosen is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that testosterone is provided.
Once the use of Tren has ended and all exogenous steroids have cleared the body natural testosterone production will begin again. However, it is recommended that the individual follow a Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) plan post steroid use in order to increase the odds of effective and efficient recovery. Even with PCT it’s not guaranteed that you’ll fully recover your prior natural levels, and this is something all potential steroid users must recognize and accept should they choose to use steroids. It’s also important to note that even after PCT, even if you are going to recover it will still take months post PCT to fully recovery regardless of how good the PCT plan is.
Important Note: Natural recovery assumes no damage was done to the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis (HPTA) during use and that no prior low testosterone condition existed.
· Hepatotoxicity: Tren is normally not considered a liver toxic steroid and in most cases it’s not. However, data has shown that it can promote liver stress when very high doses are used. We’re referring to doses that are far above and beyond even what the most hardcore bodybuilder would use. It is possible that there could be rare exceptions but the issue of liver stress overall is very rare.
· Response Effects: There are four possible side effects of Tren that are largely based on genetic response and do not appear to be associated with most other steroids in most users. The four side effects in question are night sweats, anxiety, rapid heart rate and insomnia. Insomnia appears to be the most common and common enough that it’s often referred to as “TrenSomnia.” In some cases lowering the dose can control these effects, but for many men who suffer from these effects no dosing adjustment will help. It’s impossible to predict who will and who won’t have an issue with these negative side effects, but if you are one of the unlucky ones you’ll simply want to discontinue use.
Important Note: If you have never used Tren before you should start with Tren-a so that if harsh side effects occur you can stop use and the hormone will clear the body in a few days. If you use one of the other forms it will take 2-3 weeks for the hormone to fully clear and leave the body.
Tren is an injectable anabolic steroid in all three forms. How often it is injected depends on the form used. The form used can also affect the dose; remember, Tren-a carries more active Tren per milligram than the other two forms as it carries the smallest ester.
· Trenbolone Acetate: Injected every other day (some will choose daily if running a very high dose). 50-100mg every other day is the most common dosing range with 100mg every other day being a dose that many stick to long term. Higher doses are most commonly used in cutting cycles, especially competitive bodybuilding cycles. 100mg every day or 200mg every other day isn’t all that uncommon. Almost always found in 100mg/ml form.
· Trenbolone Hexahydrobenzylcarbonate: Originally found in 76mg/ml ampules. Some labs still make their own Tren-hex this way. 76mg will provide 50mg of active Tren. Dosing can range anywhere from 3-6 amps per week with 3-4 being the most common range. Because of this form’s half-life you might be able to get by with twice weekly injections but three times per week will be far more efficient.
· Trenbolone Enanthate: Most commonly found in 200mg/ml form. Doses can range anywhere from 200mg-800mg per week. 200mg is very low and only the equivalent of slightly more than 100mg of Tren-a. The 400mg per week range will be more suitable for most users. Injections are best broken into two equal size injections per week.
Availability of Tren
Tren is available through most black market steroid suppliers with Tren-a being the most common and Tren-hex being the least common. Increasingly more labs are carrying the Tren-e form, but Tren-a still remains dominant as well as the most affordable. You will be hard pressed to find a supplier that does not carry Tren.
Tren is also still available in pellet form and can be purchased from a feed supply store and converted to injectable Tren very easily with a simple kit. When sold in this form it’s not a controlled substance as this would damage the livestock market, but it is something many supply stores keep a watchful eye on. Further, many pellets now contain added estrogen, which is something you do not want.
Buy Tren Online – Warning
You can easily buy Tren online from most any steroid supplier. It’s not commonly counterfeited. There doesn’t appear to be a big problem with under dosing although it does happen. Contamination can also be an issue making it very important that you know a lot about your vendor. However, if you live in the U.S. and buy Tren online or anywhere for that matter you are breaking the law. Tren is not a prescribed anabolic steroid and is classified as a Schedule III controlled substance. This law can vary from one country to the next but most all will frown on an online purchase.
If you are looking for a safe and legal option, we highly recommend taking a look at the site sponsors here at steroid.com. Here you will find high quality alternatives that are legal, safe and that do not require a prescription.
Tren is the best steroid there is. That may be a simple review but it’s also simply the truth. There are steroids that are more therapeutically advantageous such as Nandrolone; however, it’s also possible that Tren might be more advantageous than we realize, it’s simply never held the full opportunity to be. But when it comes to performance enhancements, the basics of cutting and bulking, this is the steroid of choice. It is true that the steroid can be harsh, and unfortunately too harsh for some. But if you tolerate it well you’ll be hard pressed to find anything that beats it.