Nebido is an extremely large/long ester base testosterone compound that is primarily used in the treatment of low testosterone. Comprised of Testosterone Undecanoate, this is the same hormone and ester used in the anabolic steroid Andriol, an oral testosterone capsule. However, Nebido is an injectable testosterone hormone and carries a much longer activity time post administration. Nebido is a relatively new anabolic steroid that was first brought to the market in 2004 by Schering AG. It has been approved for the treatment of androgen deficiencies in most countries around the world. However, in the U.S. the pharmaceutical company Indevus owns the rights to the Nebido line, and it has yet to reach full FDA approval in the U.S. That could very well change in the near future, and there’s no logical reason for it not to; however, Nebido has had a difficult time gaining U.S. FDA approval for reasons that are somewhat unknown. Although primarily viewed as a testosterone compound for the treatment of low testosterone, Nebido can be used for performance enhancing purposes. However, it is not all that common among athletes and gym rats due to its very slow acting nature. Results could easily be obtained with this compound similar to the more popular testosterones in Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate. However, due to the very slow activity, Nebido won’t be well-suited for most performance based plans.
Nebido Functions & Traits:
Nebido is a pure testosterone hormone attached to the very large Undecanoate ester (Testosterone Undecanoate). The ester is attached to the hormone in order to regulate its release pattern, but it does not affect the testosterone hormone’s mode of action in anyway. The functions and traits of Nebido on a hormonal basis will be the same as all testosterone compounds. Nebido, as a testosterone hormone, like all testosterone hormones carries an anabolic rating of 100 as well as an androgenic rating of 100. This is an estrogenic anabolic steroid in that it does aromatize at a fairly significant rate. As a testosterone compound, Nebido will also carry one of the longest half-lives of any testosterone or anabolic steroid available. Nebido carries an active half-life of approximately three months. Compare this to the more popular Testosterone Cypionate and Testosterone Enanthate, which both carry half-lives a little greater than a week and you can begin to understand how slowly acting Nebido will be. In order to understand Nebido, the first step is to understand testosterone. Testosterone is a naturally produced hormone and is essential to the health and wellbeing of both men and women. However, men require approximately ten times the amount of women, and it is considered the primary male androgen. Testosterone is responsible for numerous actions throughout the body, including the development of sexual characteristics, to the building and maintenance of muscle mass as well as it’s preservation. Not only does testosterone affect our physical wellbeing, it also plays roles on our sexual and mental health. Those who suffer from low testosterone will find there are numerous possible symptoms associated with the condition. The symptoms are brought on by the simple fact that there is no longer enough testosterone being produced by the body to meet its needs. As Nebido is simply testosterone, while it is a synthetic version it is identical to the naturally produced hormone. This makes Nebido perfect for the treatment of low levels of the primary androgen in men. When we consider how infrequently Nebido has to be administered, this will give it even more appeal to many patients. More on this when we discuss the compound’s administration protocol. Nebido also carries functions and traits that can be well-suited for the purpose of performance enhancement. However, because of its very slow acting nature it will only be used in performance based plans that last sixteen weeks or more. This will be a longer time frame than most anabolic steroid cycles, and therefore a poor choice for most performance athletes. However, as a performance based steroid you will find Nebido to be highly versatile, and it can be used in all cycles for all purposes of supplementation. It will provide some of the most basic steroidal traits known to man, but due to testosterone being so well-tolerated by most adult men this makes it tremendously beneficial. The use of Nebido will provide the following traits largely associated with performance enhancement:
- Enhanced Nitrogen Retention
- Enhanced Protein Synthesis
- Increased IGF-1 Production
- Increased Red Blood Cell Count
- Decreased Levels of Glucocorticoids
For more information on the primary performance traits listed above, please see any of the primary testosterone profiles in Testosterone Cypionate, Testosterone Enanthate, Testosterone Propionate, Testosterone Suspension, Sustanon 250 and Omnadren. As Nebido is primarily used only for the treatment of low testosterone, there is no need to go into deep detail on the hormone in a performance capacity. However, such information can be found at the aforementioned profiles.
Effects of Nebido:
The effects of Nebido can largely be summed up in a very simple way. You no longer produce enough testosterone, and as a result, you now suffer from low testosterone. By supplementing with Nebido, you now have the testosterone your body needs and all the related low level symptoms go away. While this may seem hard for some to understand, keep in mind Nebido is simply testosterone, the very hormone your body needs. It may be a synthetic model, but once in the body the body will make no distinguishing difference in it and the naturally produced testosterone hormone. Due to the effects of Nebido, or more aptly the effects of exogenous testosterone, those who suffer from low testosterone will see their symptoms vanish shortly after use begins. There are numerous possible low testosterone symptoms. Most men will only display one or two at the early stages of the condition, but as time goes by the symptoms will normally mount up and progressively become stronger. The primary symptoms of low testosterone, all of which can be remedied by the effects of Nebido include:
- Erectile Dysfunction (inability to maintain or obtain an erection)
- Loss of Libido (can refer to partial or total loss)
- Loss of Muscle Mass (despite diet & exercise)
- Loss of Strength (despite diet & exercise)
- Increased Body Fat (despite diet & exercise)
- Inability to Lose Body Fat (despite diet & exercise)
- Declining Memory
- Declining Mental Focus
- Declining Mental Clarity
- Weakened Immune System
- High Cholesterol
- Loss of Hair
- Decreased Energy
The symptoms of low testosterone can be very bothersome and greatly diminish your overall quality of life. The symptoms are not life threatening, not directly, but if ignored a prolonged low testosterone condition can aid in the promotion of far more serious conditions. Low testosterone has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis and numerous other serious conditions. With exogenous testosterone so readily available and with the effects of Nebido and other related compounds being so effective, there is no logical reason for suffering from a low testosterone condition.
Side Effects of Nebido:
There are possible side effects of Nebido, but most healthy adult men should be able to supplement with this anabolic steroid problem free. Remember, testosterone is not a foreign substance to the body; you are not introducing something to your body it is unfamiliar with. Further, you will merely be replacing what your body is lacking and nothing more. However, most men can tolerate high levels of testosterone fairly well or what is referred to as supraphysiological doses. There is a cutoff point, and supraphysiological doses of testosterone will increase the risks associated with use, but the threshold is high. As for the side effects of Nebido, while possible, the threshold is even higher since we are supplementing with therapeutic level doses. In order to help you understand the possible side effects of Nebido, we have broken them down into their separate categories along with all the information you’ll need.
- Estrogenic: The side effects of Nebido can include those of an estrogenic nature. This is due to the testosterone hormone’s interaction with the aromatase enzyme, which causes a conversion of testosterone to estrogen. As estrogen levels rise, this can promote excess water retention and gynecomastia. As a secondary effect, it can also promote high blood pressure if water retention becomes severe.Due to the estrogenic side effects of Nebido, some men will need an anti-estrogen. With therapeutic level doses of testosterone, many men will be able to get by without an anti-estrogen, but just as many men will need one. You have two choices in anti-estrogen categories, Aromatase Inhibitors (AI’s) and Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM’s). AI’s will be the most effective. AI’s function by inhibiting the aromatase process, thereby lowering serum estrogen levels. SERM’s function by binding to the estrogen receptors, thereby preventing the estrogen hormone from binding. AI’s can be a little harsh on cholesterol, SERM’s cannot, but some men will need an AI. If an AI is needed, bearing no underlying issues, cholesterol can be controlled.
- Androgenic: The side effects of Nebido can include those of an androgenic nature. The androgenic side effects of Nebido are, however, highly dependent on genetic predispositions and will not affect all men. The possible androgenic side effects of Nebido include accelerated hair loss in those predisposed to male pattern baldness, acne in sensitive individuals and body hair growth.While by no means always necessary, some men may find the use of a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor to be useful. The testosterone hormone is metabolized by the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which reduces the testosterone hormone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The DHT is what leads to the androgenic related effects. By incorporating a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, you will reduce the hormone’s androgenicity. It will not be a complete reduction, but it will be significant. However, such inhibitors are not always recommended and should only be used as needed as they can hinder the potency of the testosterone hormone.
- Cardiovascular: The side effects of Nebido can include high blood pressure, but this normally not an issue if water retention is controlled and no underlying health issues exist. However, the side effects of Nebido can also include a negative effect on lipids regardless of estrogen control. Alone, exogenous testosterone does not appear to have a strong statistical impact on cholesterol. Therapeutic level doses of Nebido should only result in minimal HDL cholesterol suppression. However, when conjoined with an AI, therapeutic doses have been shown to suppress HDL cholesterol by as much as 25%. If your cholesterol health is already borderline this could be a problem. However, if you have healthy cholesterol and consume a diet and live a life that promotes its continuation you should be fine.
- Testosterone: The side effects of Nebido will include natural testosterone suppression in all men who supplement with the anabolic steroid. However, for the low testosterone patient, this is of no concern as he is no longer producing enough testosterone to begin with.
- Hepatotoxicity: Nebido is not a hepatotoxic anabolic steroid and will not damage or stress the liver.
For the purpose of treating low testosterone, the primary purpose of use, standard Nebido doses will normally be 1,000mg every 12 weeks. Most plans will call for a second 1,000mg dose to be applied 6 weeks after the first injection, and from there the standard 12 week protocol will follow. That’s it, that’s all there is too it. Because it is such a slow and long lasting testosterone, you could actually get by and get by well with only a handful of injections per year and see your low testosterone condition vanish. In a performance setting, most will need approximately 1,000mg every 2-4 weeks to see desired results. However, Nebido truly isn’t a compound well-suited for most performance plans and there are better options available.
Availability of Nebido:
Nebido is available in many European pharmaceutical markets and a few other places around the world. However, black market Nebido or underground lab versions are somewhat rare and hard to find. If you happen to find black market Nebido, you will normally find it is fairly expensive. The demand for this steroid simply isn’t high on the black market due to older versions of testosterone being so readily available and more apt for performance based cycles. Further, keep in mind you will not find Nebido on the U.S. pharmaceutical market.
Buy Nebido Online – Warning:
You can buy Nebido online if you find the right supplier, but it will be expensive. If you buy Nebido online and you live in the United States, you will be breaking the law. In the U.S. anabolic steroids are classified as Schedule III controlled substances by way of the Steroid Control Acts of 1990 and 2004. In order to legally purchase or possess an anabolic steroid you must have a prescription. Those who are caught violating this law will be subject to heavy fines and prison time. Outside the U.S. the law is often far more lenient. There are countries that are similarly strict, but many openly allow over the counter anabolic steroid purchases for personal use as long as the purchase is made from the pharmacy. Depending on the country in question, there can be a few odd requirements here and there and you need to make yourself aware of all the steroid laws as it pertains to where you live before you make a purchase. Due to the often strict and very often confusing steroid laws around the world, if you are looking for high quality anabolics you are encouraged to visit the sponsors here at Steroid.com. The sponsors here at Steroid.com can provide you with legal, high quality anabolics without a prescription. If you suffer from low testosterone or believe you may suffer from low testosterone, you are strongly urged to visit Lowtestosterone.com.
For the purpose of treating low testosterone, Nebido is one of the best options you will ever have. As an injectable testosterone, it will be far more effective than transdermal patches and creams, as well as most oral testosterone preparations. Due to the very large Undecanoate ester, it will also be very convenient due to the extremely infrequent injection schedule. Beyond these factors, Nebido will work just as well, no better or worse than any other injectable testosterone commonly used to treat low testosterone. Its advantage truly is in the long active therapeutic window.
- Testosterone + Undecanoate ester
- Formula: C19 H28 O2
- Molecular Weight (base): 288.429
- Molecular Weight (ester): 186.2936
- Manufacturer: Schering AG
- Effective Dose (Men): 1,000mg every 4wks
- Effective Dose (Women): Not recommended
- Half-Life: Approx. 3 months
- Detection Time: Approx. 6 months
- Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio: 100:100