Testoviron is a blend of two different products, namely testosterone with the propionate (short) ester attached, and testosterone with the Enanthate (long) ester attached. Confusingly, Schering, who produces this product, also has a pure testosterone Enanthate product of the same name. Testosterone is usually attached to an ester (i.e. when you buy testosterone propionate, or Enanthate the components of this particular drug, you are buying testosterone with a propionate ester attached and testosterone with an Enanthate ester attached, both in the same milliliter of drug). These esters determines how long it takes your body to dispose of the testosterone, and propionate is the shortest ester commonly available with a testosterone base (of course, testosterone suspension has no ester), whereas Enanthate is the longest generally available with a testosterone base. Within your body, there are enzymes, called esterases, which have the function of removing the ester from steroids, and leaving you with just the steroid molecule with the ester cleaved off. Depending on how heavy the ester chain is, that determines how long it takes the esterase to remove it. With this product, you have testosterone with a heavy chain (which will take your esterases awhile to remove) as well as with a short chain (which your esterases will quickly remove).
What happens when those esters are removed?
Well, then the Testosterone you have injected induces changes in the shape as well as the size of your muscle fibers and also can change the appearance and the number of those(7). Testosterone is also noted for its ability to protect your hard earned muscle from catabolic (muscle wasting) glucocorticoid hormones (8), thus inhibiting their ability to send a message to muscle cells to release their stored protein. Concomittantly, Testosterone sends a message to muscle cells to actually store more contractile protein (called actin and myosin); glucocorticoid hormones send the opposite message. In addition, Testosterone has the ability to increase erythropoiesis (red blood cell production) in your kidneys(9), and as we all know, a higher Red Blood Cell (RBC) count would most likely improve endurance via bringing more highly oxygenated blood to your muscles. Having more RBCs can also improve recovery from strenuous physical activity. It needs to also be noted that aggression levels often rise dramatically with the use of exogenous testosterone (15).
All of these great benefits are to be had with the use of either testosterone Enanthate or propionate alone, but realistically, Testoviron will be part of a cycle containing one or more other drugs. People who are bulking will probably choose to use another drug like Deca or Eq (possibly with Dbol as well) and those who are cutting will probably steer towards Eq and perhaps Trenbolone. Very often users will shoot this drug three or four times a week, but blood levels of testosterone from the testosterone Enanthate component would still above baseline with this drug at around day eight (16), even thought we know the other component would peak and fall much more rapidly.
The advantage to longer esters is that they need to be injected less frequently (test prop needs to be injected every other day while you can shoot test cyp once a week). The disadvantage to long estered steroids is that they contain less actual steroid. Anecdotally, however, most people from Steroid.com and other discussion boards who have tried differing esters on their various cycles agree: Testosterone Propionate causes the least side effects and the least bloating, while Enanthate causes the most. Also, any injected testosterone will inhibit your natural test levels and HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis). A Hundred mgs of test/week takes about 5-6 weeks to shut the HPTA, and 250-500mgs shuts you down by week 2 (4).
What stacks well with Testoviron? Well, since its a testosterone with both a short and long acting component, I suppose the answer is everything and nothing. Since its got a short ester in it, you would have to inject it every other day, so you may as well run another short acting drug with it (Trenbolone Acetate, or whatever). However, since its got a long acting component to it, you may consider using a longer acting drug with it (Deca or Eq, perhaps); the downfall here is that you dont get the full benefit of shooting test prop alone (less water retention, etc...) but you still have to shoot as frequently as if you were only using prop. The testosterone Enanthate is long acting, but youre still going to be shooting this compound every other day to make use of the propionate component. Thus, the advantage of testosterone Enanthate (reduced shooting frequency) is negated. Many peoples favorites are Eq (boldenone undeclyenate) or Deca (nandrolone decanoate), but really, anything will stack well with testoviron. Tren (Trenbolone Acetate), Masteron, and/or Winstrol are also favorites for many on a cutting cycle, and its important to note that a product to fight water-retention and other estrogenic sides would be warranted if Testoviron were used for a cutting cycle.
Finally, its worth noting that sometimes a strategy known as "frontloading" is employed with products like this one, since it contains both testosterone propionate, and Enanthate. This is where double or triple the intended dose for the cycle is injected for the first two weeks, and the propionate ester gives a very quick rise in blood plasma levels of testosterone, and then the Enanthate ester is relied on for a more even blood level in the ensuing weeks. The reasoning behind this is presumably to get the blood levels of the drug up quickly in the hopes of seeing results more quickly, and then have the blood levels even out and stay constant.
Of all testosterones available on the market today, blended ester products like this one are the most unjustifiably expensive. This is both because they are in high demand, as well as more rare than single estered products. You can only find Testoviron in the Dominican Republic and Italy (135mg versions available in both countries). Expect to pay up to $5-7 for an amp of this stuff, and if your source is asking for more, expect to walk away. When the price of testosterone is so low, I cant justify purchasing a blended product for any more than you would purchase a single estered test.
- (Testosterone Propionate + Testosterone Enanthate)
- Testosterone base + Enanthate ester+ Propionate Ester
- Molecular Weight: 412.6112
- Molecular Weight (base): 288.429
- Molecular Weight (Enanthate ester): 130.1864
- Molecular Weight (Propionate ester): 74.0792
- Formula (base): C19 H28 O2
- Formula(Enanthate ester):C7 H12 O
- Formula (Propionate Ester): C3H6O2
- Melting Point (base): 155
- Manufacturer: Schering
- Effective Dose (Men): 300-2000mg+ week
- Effective Dose (Women): Not recommended
- Active life: 8 days
- Detection Time: 3 months
- Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:100/100
- Pope, H.G, Kouri, E.M., & Hudson, J.I. (2000). Effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on mood and aggression in normal men: A randomized controlled trial. Archives of General Psychiatry, 57, 133-140
- Chance, S.E., Brown, R.T., Dabbs, J.M., & Casey, R. (2000). Testosterone, intelligence and behavior disorders among young boys. Personality and Individual Differences, 28, 437-445
- Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2003 Jan 7; [epub ahead of print] Related Articles, Links "Development of Models to Predict Anabolic Response to Testosterone Administration in Healthy Young Men."
- J Investig Med. 1997 Oct;45(8):441-7
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1986 Dec;63(6):1361-4.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997 Feb;82(2):407-13.
- Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E601-7.
- Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2004 May;7(3):271-7.
- Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2004 Oct;5(5):459-70.
- Metabolism. 1991 Apr;40(4):368-77.
- J Lab Clin Med. 1995 Mar;125(3):326-33.
- Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2003;9(4):248-51. Effect of androgen on erythropoientin in patients with hypogonadism] [Article in Chinese] 1.Am J Physiol. 1998 Nov;275(5 Pt 1):E864-712
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995 May 11;1244(1):117-20.
- Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Dec;281(6):E1172-81.
- Health Psychol. 1990;9(6):774-91.
- Fertility and Sterility 33.