Andriol is an extremely unique oral testosterone medication that was developed in the early 1980's by Organon. Upon release, Andriol rapidly became a leading testosterone medication in low testosterone treatment plans around the world. However, while approved for use across the globe it has never been sold in the U.S. but can be found in both Mexico and Canada.
For the purpose of treating low testosterone, Andriol offers a lot of appeal in that it doesn't have to be injected. It is an oral administered medication, and unlike most oral steroids it is not hepatotoxic. Most oral steroids carry a C17-alpha alkylated (C17-aa) nature in order for them to survive the first pass through the liver. While this protects the hormone through oral ingestion it also causes it to carry a level of toxicity, which varies from steroid to steroid. However, Andriol is found in a capsule, not a tablet and is attached to an ester and suspended in oil in order for it to survive oral ingestion.
Despite a fair amount of success, in 2003 Organon would redesign its Andriol product by introducing Andriol Testocaps. Original Andriol had to be kept refrigerated and carried a shelf-life of only three months. However, the new Testocaps could be kept at room temperature and carried a shelf-life of approximately three years. Andriol Testocaps have largely replaced the original Andriol capsule and have become a very common means of treating low testosterone outside the U.S.
*Andriol Functions & Traits:
Andriol is specifically an oral capsule that contains the testosterone hormone attached to the large Undecanoate ester and can be found in a 40mg strength. While carrying a 40mg potency, due to the mode of administration the individual will only absorb approximately 7% of the active testosterone.
Due to its makeup and lacking the traditional C17-aa nature associated with most oral anabolic steroids, Andriol is partially absorbed through the lymphatic system with dietary fat. This, in turn, prevents it from following the traditional pass through the liver where hepatic stress would otherwise occur.
While it carries a rather low bioavailability, Andriol is still testosterone meaning it carries an anabolic rating of 100 and an androgenic rating of 100. This rating shared by all testosterone hormones represents the measuring stick used to determine the anabolic and androgenic nature of all anabolic steroids. As a testosterone hormone, it will also carry all the traditional traits associated with all testosterone hormones, including injectable testosterone. However, despite carrying all the testosterone traits, it will normally only be used in low testosterone treatment plans. You will rarely find Andriol being used in performance enhancing circles.
In order to understand the functions and traits of Andriol as it pertains to low testosterone treatment, we must merely understand the testosterone hormone. The testosterone hormone is the primary male androgen responsible for the male characteristics and development. It is also responsible for the maintenance of such characteristics through adulthood and affects our physical, sexual and mental wellbeing. When testosterone levels fall, each of these areas can be negative affected, and while a low level condition is not life threatening it can severely diminish the individual's quality of life. There are numerous symptoms associated with low testosterone including:
- Loss of Libido (partial to total loss)
- Erectile Dysfunction (inability to maintain or obtain
- Increased Body Fat (despite diet & exercise)
- Decreased Muscle Mass (despite diet & exercise)
- Decreased Strength (despite diet & exercise)
- Loss of energy
- Decreased Mental Clarity & Focus
- Weakened Immune System
These are the most common symptoms of low testosterone, and while they are not the only ones they are typically what will show up first. Most men will find they develop two to three symptoms early on and as they progress in severity numerous other symptoms begin to show as well. Generally, this is a very slow and gradual process. It is possible to suffer abruptly due to testicular damage, complications through surgical procedures or exposure to certain medications, but it's normally a slow process. This causes many men to unknowingly slowly adapt to the symptoms, but compounds like Andriol can remedy each and every one if due to a low level condition.
Although low testosterone is not life threatening, studies have shown that prolonged low testosterone can lead to and promote numerous conditions that are far more serious. Such conditions may include:
- Heart Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
With compounds like Andriol there is no logical reason for any man to suffer from low testosterone. You will need a physical and blood work to officially determine your condition, but if you suffer from any of the listed symptoms associated with the condition this will be a strong indicator.
As a testosterone hormone, Andriol can also promote traits commonly associated with performance enhancement. Such traits are present when low doses are applied in a therapeutic setting, but it is supraphysiological doses that see them truly shine. However, in order to obtain such benefits through the use of Andriol it would take an enormous dosing due to the compound's extremely low bioavailability. However, the promotion of the following traits is more than possible:
- Enhanced Protein Synthesis: Protein represents the primary building block of muscle and synthesis represents the rate by which cells build proteins. Through this enhancement, the anabolic atmosphere is enhanced promoting muscle growth, recovery and strength.
- Enhanced Nitrogen Retention: All lean muscle tissue is comprised of approximately 16% nitrogen and when levels fall this can lead to a catabolic (muscle wasting) state) Conversely, when levels are enhanced, this again promotes the anabolic atmosphere in the body.
- Enhanced Red Blood Cell Count: Red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen to and through the blood. An increase in red blood cells results in greater blood oxygenation, which in turn can promote enhanced muscular endurance. This can also have a positive effect on recovery and growth.
- Enhanced IGF-1 Output: Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is a powerful naturally produced peptide hormone that is highly anabolic. It is also essential to our body's ability to recover and rejuvenate and affects nearly every cell within the human body.
- Inhibition of Glucocorticoid Hormones: Glucocorticoid hormones, commonly referred to as stress hormones are essential to our health but high levels can be detrimental to our wellbeing. Such hormones have the ability to destroy muscle tissue and promote fat gain, cortisol being the most well known. Higher levels of testosterone will inhibit the production and release of such hormones.
Effects of Andriol:
For those suffering from low testosterone the effects of Andriol are very simple. You know longer produce enough testosterone on your own, and as a result, the symptoms of the condition are hindering your life. Supplement with Andriol and you now have enough testosterone to meet your body's needs and the related symptoms no longer exist. It really can't get any simpler than that.
Then we have the effects of Andriol in a performance capacity, but for most athletes it simply isn't an efficient choice. The dosing it would take to reach a true performance boost would be massive, and due to the massive necessary dose it would be beyond expensive. If, however, it is used for this purpose you will find it to be a truly versatile hormone. In an off-season setting the individual should be able to gain a lot more mass and strength. Further, he should be able to do so with less body fat accumulation that would otherwise occur thanks to the metabolic enhancement provided by high testosterone levels. Make no mistake, you can still get fat, but you should be able to make better use of your total caloric intake.
Because it's such a versatile hormone, testosterone can be used in a cutting cycle. The individual must burn more calories than he consumes in order to lose body fat, and this can put lean tissue at risk. In fact, even with a well-planned diet some lean tissue and strength loss will occur. However, with high testosterone levels provided by Andriol the individual will be able to protect his lean tissue and strength. Some loss may still occur, but it will be far less than if he had forgone testosterone supplementation. Due to the metabolic enhancement provided by high testosterone levels, the individual should also burn body fat at an enhanced and more efficient rate.
Regardless of the purpose of use, all who use Andriol will find their muscular endurance and overall rate of recovery enhanced. You will not tire out as fast and you will recovery from strenuous training or activity faster. These are undeniably the primary benefits of high testosterone levels, especially recovery as it is recovery where progress is made. Progress is not made in the gym; in fact, training actually tears our muscle tissue down. It is through recovery that new tissue is built or existing tissue repaired.
While possible to obtain such effects through Andriol use, due to the low bioavailability it really doesn't make sense for a performance athlete to use this steroid. The exception would be if Andriol were not being used as a base steroid. Testosterone is normally used as a base steroid, but there are exceptions. Some may wish to rely on other anabolic steroids, but this will still cause their natural testosterone production to be suppressed. For this reason, they may choose to supplement with a therapeutic level dose of Andriol in order to combat the suppression caused by other anabolic steroids. This is truly the only logical reason for any performance athlete to use Andriol.
*Side Effects of Andriol:
There are possible side effects of Andriol use. For the low testosterone patient, the side effects of Andriol should be very easy to control. In such cases, the individual is merely replacing what he's lacking and he's doing so with a hormone his body is well accustomed to. Testosterone is not a foreign substance to the human body. However, side effects are still possible but increase when supraphysiological doses are applied. Most men can tolerate high levels of testosterone fairly well, but the more that is used will increase the probability of negative effects. How much testosterone a man can tolerate is also based on individual response and genetics, there is no set standard line that applies to all. In order to understand the possible side effects of Andriol, we have broken them down into their separate categories along with all the information you'll need.
- Estrogenic: Testosterone is a mildly estrogenic hormone, and as a result, the side effects of Andriol can include gynecomastia and excess water retention. If water retention becomes severe, this can in turn promote high blood pressure. These possible side effects of Andriol are due to the testosterone hormone's interaction with the aromatase enzyme, which causes testosterone to convert to estrogen. As estrogen levels rise, this can lead to the related side effects.
Due to the potential estrogenic side effects of Andriol, some men will need an anti-estrogen medication. You have two primary choices in anti-estrogens, Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM's) such as Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate) or Clomid (Clomiphene Citrate) and Aromatase Inhibitors (AI's) such as Arimidex (Anastrozole) or Femara (Letrozole).
AI's function by inhibiting the aromatase process, thereby reducing serum estrogen levels. SERM's functions by binding to the estrogen receptors, thereby preventing the estrogen hormone from binding and performing the undesired action. AI's are the most effective, but when conjoined with exogenous testosterone can have a negative impact on cholesterol. SERM's can be enough for some men, and they will not have a negative impact on cholesterol and should be your first choice if it can get the job done. In fact, while anti-estrogenic, SERM's will actually act as estrogen in the liver and promote healthier cholesterol levels. Unfortunately, SERM's will not be enough for some men, especially when very high doses of testosterone are used.
- Androgenic: There are possible androgenic side effects of Andriol. The androgenic side effects of Andriol can include acne, accelerated hair loss in those predisposed to male pattern baldness and body hair growth. Such effects are due to the testosterone hormone's interaction with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which will cause the hormone to reduce to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) where it becomes active in the target tissue of the skin and scalp.
Due to the androgenic nature of testosterone, some men may find a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor like Finasteride to be useful. This will not completely eliminate the androgenicity of the testosterone hormone, but it will significantly reduce it. However, it's important to note that the androgenic side effects are highly dependent on genetics. If you are not predisposed to male pattern baldness no amount of Andriol will make you lose any hair. If you are not generally sensitive to acne, it's highly unlikely any acne will occur due to Andriol use. However, such effects are possible and a remedy is available if needed.
The androgenic side effects of Andriol can also prove problematic to women as it will promote strong virilization. Virilization symptoms can include body hair growth, a deepening of the vocal chords and clitoral enlargement. Women do need testosterone, and they can suffer from low levels, but Andriol is not a preferred form of female treatment. Females who need treatment will find specific injectable forms, specific subcutaneous implant pellets and designed creams of testosterone and progesterone to be far more tolerable and efficient.
- Cardiovascular: The use of exogenous testosterone can negatively affect cholesterol levels. It can also affect blood pressure if water retention is severe. Anti-estrogens will protect against water retention and could with a SERM produce healthy cholesterol but there's more to look at. Alone, Andriol or any exogenous testosterone will not have a significant impact on cholesterol at a therapeutic dose and should only suppress HDL levels mildly with supraphysiological doses. However, the same doses, therapeutic or supraphysiological will produce notable HDL suppression when conjoined with an AI. For this reason a cholesterol friendly lifestyle is imperative.
In order to protect your cholesterol, omega fatty acids should be a staple in your diet. Daily fish oil supplementation is recommended. You should also limit the amount of saturated fats and simple sugars consumed as well as ensure you perform plenty of cardiovascular activity. Some may also find a cholesterol antioxidant supplement to be beneficial.
- Testosterone: The use of Andriol will suppress natural testosterone production. When used in a therapeutic or performance setting suppression will occur. This is, however, of no concern for the low testosterone patient. Such an individual is no longer producing enough testosterone to begin with. Then we have the performance athlete, and once use has been discontinued, while production was suppressed during use it will begin again once all exogenous hormones have cleared the system. This is, however, assuming no prior low testosterone condition existed and that no severe damage was done to the HPTA through improper supplementation practices.
While production will begin again on its own, it will be a slow, gradual process. For this reason, most will implement a Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) plan post anabolic steroid use. This will stimulate natural production and speed up the rate of recovery. It will not return your levels to their prior state before Andriol use, but it will ensure you have enough testosterone for proper bodily function while your levels continue to naturally rise. It will ensure you avoid a low testosterone state, the symptoms associated and a cortisol buildup that could potentially destroy your physique.
- Hepatotoxicity: Andriol is not a hepatotoxic anabolic steroid and will present no stress or damage to the liver.
In low testosterone treatment plans, standard Andriol doses will normally fall in the 120-160mg per day range. This dose will generally be followed for 2-4 weeks, testosterone levels will be reexamined and a maintenance dose of 40-120mg per day will be prescribed. While this is a wide range in dosing it is necessary to have such a wide range as every man's condition can vary greatly. As for the total duration of use, it will be indefinite. Low testosterone treatment is generally for life. There are cases where the condition can be reversed if the individual is young or if his HPTA can be reset due to improper anabolic steroid use, but most will need life long treatment. Men who are over forty will almost always need life long treatment. While this may sound annoying, ask yourself this important question; would you rather treat it or suffer from low testosterone?
In a performance setting to combat testosterone suppression caused by the use of other anabolic steroids, an Andriol dose of 120-160mg per day will suffice. For a true performance boost most will need an Andriol dose of 500mg per day. A 320mg per day dose may produce results but they will be minimal. This makes Andriol a very poor choice for traditional performance enhancing practices.
*Availability of Andriol:
Andriol is widely available on the pharmaceutical market worldwide except in the U.S. While Organon has had many steroids available in the U.S. over the years they have begun to pull from the U.S. market due to the strict laws surrounding anabolic steroids. You can also find Andriol on the black market though some large internet based suppliers, but it is a little rare.
Regardless of where you find it, unlike many anabolic steroids Andriol is rarely counterfeited. It is also very easy to spot the real deal. Original Andriol capsules come in a sealed brown and red capsule that does not pull apart. The Andriol Testocaps will come in an oval shaped capsule that is glossy made of an orange transparent gelatin material. With both forms there will be a yellow liquid on the inside with DV3 and ORG imprinted on the capsule. It would take a lot of work to counterfeit Andriol capsules and while possible it is unlikely as there simply isn't a large market for it in a performance setting.
*Buy Andriol Online - Warning:
For those in the U.S. you can buy Andriol online and it will be the only way you can get it. It shouldn't' be too expensive but you will be breaking the law. In the United States anabolic androgenic steroids are classified as Schedule III controlled substances by way of the Steroid Control Act of 1990, which was later reinforced by the Steroid Control Act of 2004. In order to legally purchase and possess an anabolic steroid you must have a prescription granted on the basis of medical need. This medical need must also be approved by the U.S. government, not your physician. Further, as Andriol is not approved by the U.S. FDA this makes a legal U.S. purchase impossible. Those who break the law and are caught will be subject to heavy fines and prison time.
While the steroid laws of the U.S. are strict, you will find they are far more lenient in many countries around the world. Some will also be strict but rarely will you find one close the level of harshness and control of the U.S. If you want to buy Andriol online from another country you may have more success but many while lenient still frown on internet purchases. You may, however, be able to easily walk into the pharmacy and buy Andriol over the counter. For this reason, it is imperative you understand the law as it pertains to where you live before you buy Andriol or any anabolic steroid.
Due to the strict steroid laws of the United States and a few other countries around the world, you are encouraged to visit the sponsors here at Steroid.com. The sponsors here at Steroid.com can provide you high quality anabolics without a prescription or the fear of legal reprisal. If you suffer from low testosterone or think you might suffer from low testosterone, you are encouraged to visit lowtestosterone.com.
Because Andriol is manufactured by Organon, you have a lot of assurance in it being a high quality testosterone product. Organon like Schering manufactures most of the top anabolic steroids on earth. However, if you're looking for a performance boost this really isn't the steroid for you. Even if you're looking for a combatant against suppression you will still find there are better and more affordable options. For those suffering from low testosterone outside the United States, this can be a very convenient means of treating your condition. It should hold a success rate very similar to transdermal testosterones, which is fairly high; however, some will still find they need injectable testosterone as it is the most efficient.
- Testosterone + Undecanoate ester
- Molecular weight of base: 288.429
- Molecular weight of ester: 186.2936
- Formula: C19 H28 O2
- Melting Point: 155
- Manufacturer: Organon
- Effective dose: 120-160mgs (Performance) 320-500mg
- Active Life: less than 8-12 hours
- Detection Time: 4-5 weeks
- Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 100:100